Skip to main content

Resistance - Day Four of 30 Warrior Women in 30 Days

Resistance - Feminist Art There is something surreal about moving through your day, and knowing at the same time you are watching history take place. That is how yesterday, January 21st, 2017 was for me. To have spent so much of my adult life as an artist, focused on creating Art that empowers and inspires Women....to so often portray that the world is waiting for the Women to Rise....left me feeling validated and complete while watching the Women's March on Saturday. I don't even know that I can put into words the feeling of awe as I watched over a million women around the world take to the streets and use their Voice. 
My heart was overflowing with Love and Hope. I was so proud of each and every one of them, for showing up, for marching, for speaking, for Being. 
They played it Live on the television, showing the marches in Washington and around the world. I pulled up live feeds on my phone, listening to the speakers and being inspired. In the midst of the history making, I pulled out my watercolors. Saturday was supposed to be Day 4 of my "30 Warrior Women in 30 Days" series, and I now knew who would be painted that day, 
Day Four's painting would not be a single woman. It would be a sea of women, marching, representing, connecting. 


I am keeping the "Resistance" painting for myself, to remind me of this important day - the beginning of a movement - of Women Rising. 

#womensrightsarehumanrights #humanrightsarewomensrights #imarchfor #womensmarch
#togetherwerise #hearourvoice #socialjusticeart

Art Prints available on my Pixels site here Resistance Fine Art Print and Products

Feminist Movement - Resistance Coffee Cup
Feminism - Resistance Women's Tshirt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dona Nobis Pacem - Grant Us Peace

My entire adult life has been spent seeking, sharing, and Being Peace. I strive to surround myself with people who live their lives in a peaceful way, and try to inspire those who struggle to obtain it.  When I was young, I was blessed to grow up in an area of Upstate NY that was rich in cultural diversity. "Normal" to me was being immersed in that melting pot that was defined by so very many cultures and religions. My memories are filled with weekend events - celebrations, dinners, and dances held at different cultural community centers and churches. Everyone was welcome, and everyone would partake. This place had been a destination for many immigrants years back due to the opportunities for work. I remember my grandparents telling me about the old shoe and cigar factories, which were popular places for jobs. As the area grew, more and more industry came. Families were proud and grateful to have life long jobs that allowed them to take care of their families. There

The Morning Glory Goddess and the Thoughtful Creation of Bringing Dreams to Fruition

The Morning Glory Goddess is a meaningful symbolic reminder for those who are working on bringing their Dreams to Fruition, or who are re-creating how they live their lives. People come to her for guidance and inspiration, and are especially encouraged by her ability to bloom beautifully no matter where she is planted Morning Glory Goddess by Jeanne Fry Art She teaches the importance of spending thoughtful time on your goals and desires, contemplating the ways in which to bring them to life. But just as importantly, she wants it to be understood that this reflective time not be just idle day-dreaming, but an active, organized planning.  She carries an energy of Clarity and a focused Attention to detail.  Close View of the Morning Glory Goddess by Jeanne Fry The Morning Glory Goddess is a symbolic support for those who are working on Manifesting, and bring a dream to fruition, the entire process, from the seed of an idea to the bloom of its creation.  The M

The Queen Bee's Honeycomb - The Nourishment of Life

The "Crowning" of the new Queen Bee was widely celebrated and holds special significance not only within her Hive, but throughout our worldly existence. Her post insures new life , the continuation of their colony , communities working together , and true concept of how each life affects another .  Her existence represents fully and in depth, the Sweetness of Life .  (I must chuckle when thinking - "No pressure, dear little one" ) The Queen Bee's Honeycomb - The Nourishment of Life- Contemporary Folk Painting by Jeanne Fry Clover holds special significance to the Bee as one of their main nectar sources, and we could all take a little care with clover whose symbolism represents living a life of comfort, ease, and prosperity.  Their magnificent Honeycomb is one to be marveled, so much work by colony, one by one each little hexagon created to build the structure. That six-sided wonder itself is representative of balance, union, nurturing, and harmony